What do you say at your own baptism?
- “Warmest wishes on your baptism…and welcome to our community of faith.”
- “You’re getting baptized—and I’m feeling overjoyed for you!”
- “Rejoicing with you as you celebrate your baptism. …
- “May you always remember this day, and may God’s joy, love and peace fill you through all your tomorrows.”
What do you say in a baptism speech?
What Should Be Included in Your Baptism Speech
- thank the people who are present at the ceremony;
- say some good things about those who are close to your godchild, especially his or her parents;
- focus on your godchild by wishing him or her well in the future and talking about the positive moments in the present;
How do you write a good testimony for baptism?
Tips to Remember as You Write Your Testimony
- Stick to the point. Your conversion and new life in Christ should be the main points.
- Be specific. Include events, genuine feelings, and personal insights that clarify your main point. …
- Be current. Tell what’s happening in your life with God right now, today.
- Be honest.
What to say in a baptism thank you note?
Thank you for coming to my baptism examples
- Thank you so much for coming to my baptism! …
- I am happy that you made the trip to come to my baptism. …
- Taking the step to be baptized was huge! …
- Thank you for celebrating my baptism with my church family and me. …
- Thank you for surprising me and coming to my baptism.
What’s a testimony example?
An example of testimony is the story a witness tells on the witness stand in court. An example of testimony is what a person says about a religious lesson he believes he learned from God. … A public declaration regarding a religious experience.
What do you say in a testimony?
A testimony can include three basic points: Life before knowing Christ • How you came to know Christ (be specific) • Life after you received Christ (changes He has made – what He has done for you.) When giving a brief testimony, DO: Pray that God will give you wisdom and clarity of thought.
What is a good Bible verse for baptism?
“The grace of being is gift of baptism by washing in water. And in spirit of Christ Jesus.” “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” “When we were baptized we took upon us not only the name of Christ, but also the law of obedience.”
Why do I want to be baptized?
Baptism symbolizes new life in Christ. It shows they want to celebrate a new life in Christ and commit to Jesus publicly. Being baptized is also a way to be filled with the Holy Spirit and experience God’s power. … Only faith in Jesus by God’s grace and true repentance of sins saves someone.
What should I know before getting baptized?
Prepare People for Baptism and Confirmation
- Humble themselves before God.
- Desire to be baptized.
- Come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits.
- Repent of all their sins.
- Be willing to take upon them the name of Christ.
- Have a determination to serve Christ to the end.