Closer to One Another
CLOSER: CLOSER TO ONE ANOTHER
Pastor Aaron Sutherland
"One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
1. SAY YES TO THE VULNERABILITY OF A SHARED LIFE
"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need."
2. SAY YES TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A SHARED FAVOR
"They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people."
3. SAY YES TO THE OPENNESS OF A SHARED TABLE
"And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
QUESTIONS FOR APPLICATION
1. What are some ways you can love your neighbor this week?
2. How can you grow in healthy vulnerability with another person?
3. Do you have any friends who are not yet followers of Jesus? If not, what would help you make room for them?
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.