Closer: Closer to God
CLOSER: CLOSER TO GOD
Pastor Aaron Sutherland
Matthew 22: 35-40
"One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
1. INTENTIONALLY GET CLOSE TO GOD
“Love the Lord your God with all your HEART..."
2. PERSONALLY GET CLOSE TO GOD
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your SOUL..."
3. THOUGHTFULLY GET CLOSE TO GOD
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your MIND."
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER APPLICATION
- How do I make sure I am following God’s will not my will?
- How can I grow in my personal relationship with God this week?
- What would create “bigger” thinking regarding the challenges I’m facing in my life?
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.